The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021: What Advisors Need to Know - NAPFA Credit Only
D-Income Tax Planning
Non-Member: $59.00Your price
Congress recently passed new legislation providing relief to American people and business affected by the economic impact of Covid-19. This $1.9 trillion economic stimulus package, The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, allocates money to a wide variety of programs. The legislation is anticipated to be about 600-pages long and includes many tax provisions such as:
• Further modifications to the PPP and ERC
• The closing of the PPP window on March 31, 2021
• Increased targeted EIDL advances
• Massive relief grants for restaurants and relationship of these grants to PPP Loans
• What is included in AGI Limitation for the $10,200 UI exclusion
• Amended and superseded returns to reflect 2020 changes
• Further aid for shuttered venue operators and impact on other grants
• A third round of recovery rebates for individuals
• Timing of the 2020 return to optimize the new $1,400 recovery rebate
• Improvements to the child tax credit, earned income tax credit, and dependent care tax credit
• Extension and expansion of paid sick and family leave credits
• Which changes are for 2021 and which are for 2020
• Further extension of the employee retention credit and recent ERC Notices
• Recent PPP and ERC Developments and much more
Bob Keebler will provide a detailed analysis of these tax and business provisions and a very brief overview of the other provisions.
• Understanding the important details of The American Rescue Plan Act
• How the American Rescue Plan Act will affect you and your clients
• How to make use of the American Rescue Plan Act while you still can
Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished) is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. His practice includes family wealth transfer and preservation planning, charitable giving, retirement distribution planning, and estate administration. Mr. Keebler frequently represents clients before the National Office of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the private letter ruling process and in estate, gift and income tax examinations and appeals, and he has received more than 250 favorable private letter rulings including several key rulings of “first impression.” He is the author of over 100 articles and columns and is the editor, author or co-author of many books and treatises on wealth transfer and taxation. Mr. Keebler has been a speaker at national estate planning and tax seminars for over 25 years including the AICPA’s: Estate Planning, High Income, Advanced Financial Planning Conferences, ABA Conferences, NAPEC Conferences, The Notre Dame Estate Planning Conference and the Heckerling Estate Planning Institute and is the immediate past the chair of the AICPA’s Advanced Estate Planning Conference, serving in that capacity from 2014-2020.
1 NAPFA CE in D – Income Tax Planning will be posted in your NAPFA CE record after downloading this recording.
This is a recorded webinar from April 21, 2021.
After purchase, you may access your recorded course under the My Webinars link on your My Account page of the NAPFA website for the next 90 days.