NAPFA Webinar - A Proactive Approach to Long-Term Care Planning
Thursday, June 02, 2022
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time
Presented by: Brian Gordon, CLTC, President of Murray A. Gordon & Associates (MAGA Ltd.) Long Term Care Planning
1 NAPFA CE in B – Insurance & Risk Management and 1 CFP® CE
Content Level: Foundational
Member: Free; Non-Member: $39
This webinar will address the cost of long-term care insurance (LTCI), present relevant case studies, review industry updates, and provide key resources a client needs to prepare for a long-term care event, including claim information. The webinar will also address:
- Caregiver shortages and the rising cost of care
- Reasoning and statistics for the majority of long-term care events
- Stand-alone LTCI, hybrid asset-based life and annuities with long-term care riders, and 1035-exchange case studies
- Updates on the uncertain status of state and government LTCI programs
- How a long-term care event can have an overwhelming effect on a family
- How and when to prepare to file a claim for in-force LTCI policyholders
- Understand the importance of planning ahead of a health crisis, and learn the resources and programs available to assist when care is needed.
- Receive an update on the status of state and government LTCI programs, their pros and cons, and how they are affecting retirement planning.
- Learn how LTCI plans can protect assets, how to activate LTCI benefits, and what important claim information can help ensure a smooth transition into receiving care.
Brian joined the family-owned MAGA in 1990 and has since become a nationally known expert in Long Term Care Planning, developing and conducting programs for financial professionals, including CE courses and educating clients on the vast LTCI options available. Brian is often quoted in publications such as US News, Kiplinger, NAPFA Advisor Magazine, and AARP.He has a bi-monthly radio program with Kevin Price, host of the Nationally Syndicated Price of Business Show.