Helping Clients Plan for Higher Education Expenses - NAPFA and CFP® Credit
A-Financial Planning Process
Non-Member: $0.00Your price
This is a Partner Solutions recorded webinar sponsored by Private College 529.
This course aims to help financial advisors provide meaningful guidance to parents worried about how to afford college for their children. Studies indicate that high net worth parents, in particular, value college for their children. Because of the limited time frame to save for college, advisors should counsel clients to start when children are young. Most families will need several of the tools presented in this webinar to pay for college, including saving, gaining financial aid, and judiciously helping their children select a school that is right for them.
• Learn how to recognize the importance HNW and mass affluent parents attach to their children attending college
• Be able to demonstrate how much a family would be expected to pay for college
• Understand current trends in college financing including how financial aid eligibility is determined
• Describe how much families can reduce college expenses by planning and saving
• Understand top factors clients can use to identify appropriate college choices for them
1 NAPFA CE in A – Financial Planning Process will be posted in your NAPFA CE record after successful completion of the associated quiz. In addition, NAPFA will upload your self-study credit to the CFP Board of Standards within 2 weeks.
This is a recorded webinar from October 15, 2020.
After purchase, you may access your recorded course under the My Webinars link on your My Account page of the NAPFA website for the next 90 days.